Pages

When You Grind For a Living, Life Tends to Grind You Back

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Before I Forget

Been getting busy every now and then. And before I forget, I want to share something.


                It seems I’ve been looking at things the wrong way these past few weeks/months. I’ve been told that I bite of more than I can chew. I’ve also been told that I have to choose just one pursuit at a time to not be swamped with it. I’ve also been told that I want too many things at the same time. I’ve even been told to just do one and quit the other. 

What I haven’t been told, or asked rather, is what I want to do.  
                
            That is a long, long list. A list with a lot of entries marked as done, and a lot more entries waiting to be crossed out. And I can't see myself not doing all of those before I die.

             There was I time that I kinda felt sick of it all, all the busy work and the all nighters and all the hassles of running things and fixing things and getting things and finding things and making things and making things work. 

             Then it hit me, "what am I whining about when I'm doing precisely what I've always wanted to do?"

I realized I wasn’t sick of being busy; I was sick of doing only one of the things I want to do, and not ALL the things I want to do.

 I was so sick of me being busy that I forgot to see what was I was actually doing. I was doing what I’ve always wanted to do. I may get butt-rape busy regularly but that’s part of the deal. (I dunno if that adjective works, I heard it somewhere and it sounds about right). I have to always keep in mind –nay - I have to always be thankful that I’m living my dream, or at least I’m on the right track. I am blessed to have a couple of ventures and get to play poker. So I'm done being negative about being busy because being busy is part of what I want to do. I can do without the negativity and reap the rewards and the happiness from doing the things I want to do.

So I go ahead and bite of more than I can chew, then I chew it. Who says I can't train and take wall climbing and play poker and handle businesses and learn how to juggle? What the mind can conceive, the body can achieve. I've always conceived it, now I'm on my way to achieving it.

I'm quite happy doing the things I do. 

1 comment:

  1. bro tinanong kaya kita "ano ba talaga gusto mo?" haha!

    attitude of gratitude. nasa the secret din yan. :D i carry around a gratitude chip that was given to me as "lucky chip." whenever i touch/hold it, i think of something that i am thankful for. keeps me living in the moment and thankful why i'm here.

    you should really give The Secret a shot.

    ReplyDelete

The Poker Mindset

POKER is NOT about making money.

Yes, we measure ourselves by that bottom line, BUT Poker is all about making the right decisions - the best possible decision with regards to that bottom line. It's about making a decision with the best long-term outcome. It's about making this decision EVERY TIME, at EVERY MOMENT, and at EVERY CROSSROAD.

The money we make is just the result that REWARDS the decisions we make.

We are not here "to make money" - if you play that way, you will inevitably make the wrong decisions...even when you do get lucky.

DO THE RIGHT THING. Drop your ego and fold to the outrageous bluff-raise. Make that positive EV call even if it means you could get stacked. Use your best judgment with the available information every time.

Do the right thing, and the rewards will follow.

This is how we play. This is how we live.