Pages

When You Grind For a Living, Life Tends to Grind You Back

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Week 4 Day 1

Starting Bankroll: 230.30
Ending Bankroll: 231.51
Profit Today: $1.21
Hands: 455

APA Meeting today, and I was late as hell. I'm not a fan of excuses, but I was a victim of circumstance. Well, more like freakish coincidence with a little bit of cosmic spite. Nevermind, I won't go through the details. My "classmates" pointed out that I have a high-ish WTSD percentage. I should work on that. Less WTSD, more W$WSF. And this week's homework, a script for decision making.

Today's grind was very lackluster. I'll try to be honest to myself and name the reasons why I think this session sucks. Here's my graph for the day, click to enlarge.



a. I violated my rule of not playing more than 1 hour 30 minutes per session, I tend to feel tired and when I'm  tired I make less than optimal decisions.
b. I was tired to begin with.
c. Still sort of tilty from last week.
d. Chatting with business buddy.

Will work on a list of goals and post it here or on the gadget to the right of this page, so I'll always remember what I'm aiming for. I'll also make a work schedule. Time to up the ante discipline-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Poker Mindset

POKER is NOT about making money.

Yes, we measure ourselves by that bottom line, BUT Poker is all about making the right decisions - the best possible decision with regards to that bottom line. It's about making a decision with the best long-term outcome. It's about making this decision EVERY TIME, at EVERY MOMENT, and at EVERY CROSSROAD.

The money we make is just the result that REWARDS the decisions we make.

We are not here "to make money" - if you play that way, you will inevitably make the wrong decisions...even when you do get lucky.

DO THE RIGHT THING. Drop your ego and fold to the outrageous bluff-raise. Make that positive EV call even if it means you could get stacked. Use your best judgment with the available information every time.

Do the right thing, and the rewards will follow.

This is how we play. This is how we live.