Pages

When You Grind For a Living, Life Tends to Grind You Back

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Moving!

I'm in a sweet live grind deal under APA. I dunno if I can disclose the details, but I can surely say this is a great starter pack for aspiring poker pros. They really do know how to take care of their "kids". I'm still deciding/feeling out how often and how long I can play but I've already let them know of my tentative schedule.

I need to find a place around ortigas area so that I won't have to travel far to grind. My current rent is dirt cheap but the commute will surely cost me so might as well add my transportation budget to my rent budget and find a place near my grind.

I'm looking for a studio apartment/room for 5k/month or a house/condo that I can split with a few friends I've talked to (I'd prefer to keep it 3 max including me). I'd I know renting a house/condo can be more expensive than renting a room somewhere but the amenities might just make up for the extra expense. My budget is based on my computation of my current rent plus the approximate commute expense I'd be incurring if I choose not to move.

1 comment:

  1. as i said, i am not ready to move, but i am willing to share in the load if it means securing that great place we scoped out...

    ReplyDelete

The Poker Mindset

POKER is NOT about making money.

Yes, we measure ourselves by that bottom line, BUT Poker is all about making the right decisions - the best possible decision with regards to that bottom line. It's about making a decision with the best long-term outcome. It's about making this decision EVERY TIME, at EVERY MOMENT, and at EVERY CROSSROAD.

The money we make is just the result that REWARDS the decisions we make.

We are not here "to make money" - if you play that way, you will inevitably make the wrong decisions...even when you do get lucky.

DO THE RIGHT THING. Drop your ego and fold to the outrageous bluff-raise. Make that positive EV call even if it means you could get stacked. Use your best judgment with the available information every time.

Do the right thing, and the rewards will follow.

This is how we play. This is how we live.