Pages

When You Grind For a Living, Life Tends to Grind You Back

Friday, January 21, 2011

Bankroll Management Update ++

I will be going down two limits and will be employing a more conservative 50BI rule (will maybe change this to 40). This is to focus more on play than on going up, and reduce if not eliminate the feeling that my bankroll is threatened. I have to really watch how I play because recently I've been a spew machine (check previous post). Reviewing my hands was downright disgusting. Time to focus on improving my play, improving my patience and to not fixate on monetary goals and the number of hands I play. Maybe it's also a good time to try and implement that bankroll management system with the reward system. It maybe also a good time to start teaching my roommate poker, I heard teaching helps your personal game. Fingers crossed guys. Might need help soon so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Poker Mindset

POKER is NOT about making money.

Yes, we measure ourselves by that bottom line, BUT Poker is all about making the right decisions - the best possible decision with regards to that bottom line. It's about making a decision with the best long-term outcome. It's about making this decision EVERY TIME, at EVERY MOMENT, and at EVERY CROSSROAD.

The money we make is just the result that REWARDS the decisions we make.

We are not here "to make money" - if you play that way, you will inevitably make the wrong decisions...even when you do get lucky.

DO THE RIGHT THING. Drop your ego and fold to the outrageous bluff-raise. Make that positive EV call even if it means you could get stacked. Use your best judgment with the available information every time.

Do the right thing, and the rewards will follow.

This is how we play. This is how we live.