Pages

When You Grind For a Living, Life Tends to Grind You Back

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sooo Siiick!

I get sick from time to time. It usually follows a bout of insomnia. This recent sickness though was something for the books. The whole right side of my face was swollen.


Yep, that's right.It started with just 2 welts that look like innocent insect bites, on on the tip of my right brow and one smack dab on my cheekbone. Then a day later I get a fit of dry cough and fever. Then the day after that, my face swells up. I've had some allergy attacks, but never like this, and never with fever. I took benadryl and was practically knocked out for a day or two. My fever's better now and the swelling has subsided, though the area under my eye is still swelling a little.


Well, the good thing about getting sick (yes I'm trying to put a positive spin on this) is that it keeps me from the tables. Funny thing about tilt, or at least when I tilt, is that I want to keep playing. It's like if I play another session, I would realize that all the bad sessions were just a dream. Now we all know that's not the case. So yeah in a way I'm thankful I had one of the worst allergy attacks I've had ever. Also, benadryl is awesome for insomnia.

So now I'm on my way to Baguio. Hopefully the cool air of my hometown will help clear my head  All you people on your breaks, enjoy yourselves.

1 comment:

The Poker Mindset

POKER is NOT about making money.

Yes, we measure ourselves by that bottom line, BUT Poker is all about making the right decisions - the best possible decision with regards to that bottom line. It's about making a decision with the best long-term outcome. It's about making this decision EVERY TIME, at EVERY MOMENT, and at EVERY CROSSROAD.

The money we make is just the result that REWARDS the decisions we make.

We are not here "to make money" - if you play that way, you will inevitably make the wrong decisions...even when you do get lucky.

DO THE RIGHT THING. Drop your ego and fold to the outrageous bluff-raise. Make that positive EV call even if it means you could get stacked. Use your best judgment with the available information every time.

Do the right thing, and the rewards will follow.

This is how we play. This is how we live.